Definitions and interpretation
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to Elegant Eve Trading as W.E. Technologies via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;|
|Cookies||a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);|
|Elegant Eve Trading as W.E. Technologies, or us||Elegant Eve Trading as W.E. Technologies of Surrey, GU24, England;|
|UK and EU Cookie Law||the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Elegant Eve Trading as W.E. Technologies and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Elegant Eve Trading as W.E. Technologies and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, www.eleganteve.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Credit Card details in event of Membership
Our use of Data
- For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Elegant Eve Trading as W.E. Technologies is the “data controller”.
- We will retain any Data you submit for only as long as we need such information for legal, business, or tax purposes.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This does not include our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- to personalise and customise content
- to make improvements to our Website
- resolution of problems or disputes;
Third party websites and services
- Elegant Eve Trading as W.E. Technologies may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Use of Credit Cards
- You may have to provide a credit card to buy products and Services from our Website. We use third-party billing services and have no control over these services. We use our commercially reasonable efforts to make sure that your credit card number is kept strictly confidential by using only third-party billing services that use industry-standard encryption technology to protect your card number from unauthorized use. However, you understand and agree that we are in no way responsible for any misuse of your credit card number.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
Functionality of the Website
- To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Elegant Eve Trading as W.E. Technologies (where such Data is held) on payment of a small fee, which will not exceed £25.00.
- Data security is of great importance to Elegant Eve Trading as W.E. Technologies and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
Protecting your Child’s Privacy
- Even though our Website is not designed for use by anyone under the age of 18 (child), we realise that a child may attempt to access our Website. We do not knowingly collect personal data from a child under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child is using our website, please contact us. We may ask for proof of identification before we remove any information to prevent malicious removal of account information. If we discover on our own that a child is accessing our Website, we will delete the information as soon as we discover it, will not use the information for any purpose, and will not disclose the information to third parties. You acknowledge that we do not verify the age of our users nor have any liability to do so. If you are a child, please seek the permission from a parent or guardian before using this Website.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a pop-up requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Elegant Eve Trading as W.E. Technologies to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
- Type of Cookie Purpose Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
- These terms and conditions were created using a document from Rocket Lawyer (https://www.rocketlawyer.co.uk).